|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
1. How to apply for admission to any Double Degree/ M.Tech / Ph.D. Programme?
Ans: – Candidates have to apply online through the website, www.diat.ac.in, as per the instruction mentioned in the admission notice.
2. I want to apply for two different specializations. Am I required to submit two different online application forms separately?
Ans:- Yes, Candidates seeking admission to more than one specialization need to apply separately and pay the fee separately for each discipline.
3. Can I apply without a valid GATE score for any M.Tech specialization?
Ans:- Valid GATE score is a compulsory requirement for admission to any PG programs under Scholarship Category.
4. What is the Age Limit for Scholarship Category?
Ans:- i) For M.Tech: No age limit.
5. What is the qualification for admission to various PG/Ph.D. programmes at DIAT?
Ans:- Please see Admission Brochure for admission to various PG Programmes and Advt. for admission to Ph.D. Programmes, available on DIAT Website www.diat.ac.in
6. Can final year students apply for admission to M. Tech Programmes?
Ans:- Yes. The candidates in the final semester of their degree are also eligible to apply; Mark sheet up to the last semester should be enclosed. Provisional certificates in such cases, along with Mark sheet of the final semester, are required to be submitted before the program commencement.
7. Who are Sponsored Candidates and their Selection process?
Ans: i) A sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically provide full salary to the candidate and relieve him/her to pursue the programme for its total duration.
ii) The sponsored candidate seeking admission to the various programme will be selected based on their performance in a qualifying examination/interview or both.
8. How to pay the Application fee?
Ans:-Application fee per specialization is required to be paid either through online mode (through State Bank Collect) or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of Vice-Chancellor, DIAT, Girinagar, Pune-411025, payable at Pune.
9. Candidates need to pay the application fee before filling the application form. The online payment gateway is on the Institutes home page www.diat.ac.in
10. How to make online payment of Application fee?
Ans : Please visit Institutes website www.diat.ac.in Click on Online Payment Gateway
Click on Application Fee
Select state of Corporation / Institution: Maharashtra
Select Type of Corporation / Institution: Educational Institution
Select from Educational Institution: Defence Institute of Advanced Technology
Select Payment Category: Application Fee and provide the desired information and follow the prescribed online payment procedure.
11. List of Documents to be sent to DIAT along with a hard copy of the online application.
Ans:- a). Hard Copy of online application form
b). Proof on Online Payment receipt or Original DD
c). Proof of Age (i.e., Marksheet of Class 10th)
d). Self Certified copies of Mark Lists, GATE score card, Caste certificates, and other testimonials.
12. Address for sending application form along with other documents.
Ans :- A hard copy of the online application form has to be forwarded in a sealed envelope superscribed the name of M. Tech /Ph.DProgram in __________________ Specialization (if applicable) _____________ to the Joint Registrar (Academics), Defence Institute of Advance Technology, Girinagar, Pune-411025