|Programmes||Title of the Programme||Course Structure||Accreditation|
|M.Tech||Sensor Technology/ Lasers & Electro Optics||Word file / Word file||AICTE|
|M.Tech||Optical Communication & Photonics||Pdf File||AICTE|
|Ph.D||In the areas of faculty’s Research Expertise Interdisciplinary research areas related to defence|
|MS by Research||In the areas of faculty’s Research Expertise|
|Short Term Courses|
History and Growth of the Department
- The Department came into existence as Faculty of Applied Physics in 1952 and was renamed as Department of Applied Physics in 1979.
- The Department offers three M. Tech. courses in Laser & Electro-Optics, Sensors Technology and Optoelectronics and Communication Systems.
- The programmes train the young students and defence officers (DRDO and Armed Forces and DPSU’s).
- Department has a strong Ph. D. programme and offers an excellent research programme in the field of Nanotechnology, Laser and Photonics, Material Science, Sensors Technology, and Renewable Energy.
- The faculty is well qualified with vast experience in various fields of Applied Physics.