Since the establishment of Institute of Armament Technology (IAT) in 1952, the Library has come into its existence. Initially, started in College of Military Engineering (CME), Dapodi, Pune as the Library of Institute of Armament Studies. Library occupies a place of pride in DIAT DU and plays very vital role in institute’s outstanding training, research and education mission. It is a most lively place on the campus providing a comfortable and friendly environment that enables learning and advancement of knowledge, and promotes discovery and scholarship. Presently IC&L is well equipped with latest information technology tools for information collection, storage, processing and retrieval. The IC&L has a team of well qualified personal to cater the technological and scientific needs of the institute supported by an active collection of about 90,000+ documents maintained in a professional way for quick retrieval.
Vision and Mission
- Monday to Friday: 09-00 hrs to 19-30 hrs
- Saturday: 10-00 hrs to 14-30 hrs
Sunday and Government Holiday: Library Remains Closed
Library Advisory Committee :
|Dr. K.P Ray, Professor||Chairman||Electronics Engineering|
|Dr. Prashant Alegaonkar, Asst. Professor||Member||Applied Physics|
|Dr. P.S.Kulkarni, Asst. Professor||Member||Applied Chemistry|
|Dr. Odelu Ojjela, Asst. Professor||Member||Applied Mathematics|
|Dr. Sunil Nimje, Asst. Professor||Member||Mechanical Engineering|
|Dr. Sunita Dhavale, Asst. Professor||Member||Computer Science & Engineering|
|Dr. H.S.Panda, Asst. Professor||Member||Materials Engineering|
|Dr. Ganapati Joshi, Asst. Professor||Member||Aerospace Engineering|
|Dr. Sumati Sidharth, Asst. Professor||Member||Technology Management|
|Dr. SS Sirurmath, University Librarian||Member Secretary||Information Centre and Library|
Library Floor Plan
Library Virtual Tour
Library General Rules and Regulations
All the students/scholars and outsiders entering the Library shall deposit
- their bags and other belongings at the entrance and sign in the Register at the checkpoint. Only notebooks and the Library books to be returned will be allowed inside. Do not to leave any valuables at the Check Point. Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
- All files, personal books, Library issued books etc., are not allowed inside the library. They must be deposit to the security guard at the checkpoint.
- Library does not permit any exception in the observance of this rule.
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library.
- Books removed from the shelves by students, if not required for reference, should be kept on the book trolley or on table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate, or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECT, etc.
- All the students/scholars are required to bring two copies of their recent photographs (Passport Size) along with the Fee Receipt while applying for Library membership.
- All the students are advised to bring their own Reading Cards while using the Library.
- The Reserve Shelf book must be returned on the due date between 9.00 am to 10.00 am. And General Shelf books on or before the due date. General Shelf books are issued up to 6.00 pm.
- Claim for Reserve Shelf books should be made in the Register maintained at the counter between 9.00 am to 2.00 pm and they should be collected between 3.30 pm to 6.00 pm.
- Books are issued to students for overnight during the examination time only.
- All the students who want to return the books issued on their names are advised to wait until the books are shown as cancelled against their names.
- The “PASS OUT” slip should be handed over to the security guard at the checkpoint before taking out the issued book/s.
- There will be a fine of Rs. 1.00 per General Shelf book and Reserve shelf book, Rs. 2.00.
- For the loss of Readers Ticket, a fine of Rs.10/- each will be charged.
- Students are advised not to issue Books to others on their names.
- The loss of book will be charged three times of the latest book price.
- Conversation and discussion disturbs library ambience. Therefore, all are requested to maintain dignified silence.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Library.
- All users are requested to keep their mobiles switched off or in silent mode in the Library.
- Beverages and Eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library without the prior permission of the University Librarian. He/She is required to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned Institution/Organization to which he/she is attached. A fee of Rs.15/- per day is charged for a visitor who wishes to use the Library facility.
- No photograph of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the University Librarian.
- Library reserves the right to call back any issued book/item at any time.
- All students are advised to come to the Library in decent dress as they are in the classrooms.
- Demand and suggestion slips are available at the circulation desk for your use.